How Common Is Asthma?
• Approximately 25 million people in the U.S. have asthma. This equals about 1 in 13 people. 1
• About 20 million U.S. adults age 18 and older have asthma.
• Asthma rates are highest in Black adults in the U.S.
• Asthma is more common in female adults than male adults. Around 9.8% of female adults have asthma, compared to 6.1% of male adults.
• It is a leading chronic disease in children. Currently, there are about 5.1 million children under the age of 18 with asthma.
• Black children are nearly three times more likely to have asthma compared to white children.
• Asthma is more common in male children than female children. Around 8.4% of male children have asthma, compared to 5.5% of female children
More Information: https://loom.ly/TEWG25U
If you or someone you know needs specialty donated health care, please contact @anchorageprojectaccess to find out if you qualify! www.anchorageprojectaccess.org
#anchorageprojectaccess #healthcare #donated #healthycommunity