In partnership with the community, Anchorage Project Access provides health care to those most in need.
Please see below for current opportunities to join our team:
Pro Bono Counseling (PBC) Manager Job Description:
Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? Come work with our small committed professional team at Anchorage Project Access. Our mission is to increase access to health care for low-income, uninsured individuals by coordinating a network of compassionate volunteer providers.
General summary of PBC Manager duties/responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, provides effective management of all Pro Bono Counseling operations to achieve the organization’s mission to increase access to health care for low-income uninsured members of our community. This individual must demonstrate empathy, use clinical skills to assess, enroll, and refer clients while monitoring and evaluating the program. PBC Manager will be responsible for recruiting and enrolling donating counselors into the program, while facilitating an advisory committee made up of community leaders in the field. The ability to foster strong communications and relationships with the Program Director, Board of Directors, mental health professionals, and other health care partners are required.
Objectives of the position:
- Manage the pro bono counseling program
- Manage policies and procedures for pro bono counseling program
- Recruit, manage, and retain adequate network of volunteer licensed mental health therapists
- Create outreach materials and conduct outreach activities
- Conduct initial screenings with individuals seeking counseling
- Conduct clinical services in a compassionate and culturally appropriate manner, utilizing interpreter services when needed
- Accurately document clinical interactions in APA’s TrackVia record system
- Continually assess program efficacy making professional recommendations for program improvements, including systematic workflow and program direction.
- Report outcomes as required
Special Conditions of Employment (licenses, experience, etc.):
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, or similar degree
- 1 – 3 years clinical experience preferred
- 1 – 3 years program management experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed organization skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to details
- Professional discretion
- Good work ethic, attendance & punctuality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Attend functions/events related to this position and the company
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Please send your resume, cover letter, and (3) references via email to: