Anchorage Project Access is pleased to announce
We have been awarded a
Premera Social Impact grant
In the amount of $20,000
Our heartfelt thanks to Premera Blue Cross for their tremendous support of APA’s mission
to provide donated medical and dental care to those in need in our community.
ACA Marketplace Insurance
November 1 to December 15, 2018
For January 2019 coverage
If you need assistance applying for insurance including Medicaid or have any questions about insurance coverage call us to schedule an appointment.
743-6610 Crystal, CAC, Eligibility Specialist
743-6650 Jane, Scheduler
Our goal is is to assist you with the process in applying for insurance, you may also be eligible for a subsidy that can offer you a break in your monthly premium; we want to make sure you have a thorough understanding of the coverage you may purchase. Your appointment will be approximately 60 to 90 minutes. We will need to ask you some questions about your household-the number of people residing in your home and total household income to assist you in completing your application. We offer interpreter services for most languages.
To help you be prepared for your appointment below are some of the questions you may be asked and documents you will need to provide.
- Who needs insurance – you and/or family members
- Do you or anyone in your family have other insurance such as Medicare, Mediciad, CHIP, VA Benefits or TRICARE
- Does your employer, or your spouse’s employer, offer heath insurance. If yes, how much would it cost each month to purchase your employer’s insurance
- Do you file taxes jointly or claim any dependents
- What is your current income
- You will need to estimate your 2019 household income
- You will need to bring-
- Recent pay stubs, W-2 and/or 2017 tax return
- Photo ID
- Permanent Resident Card
- Social Security numbers for all who need insurance
- Birth dates for all who need insurance
- Any printed information about health insurance offered by an employer
- If you have logged in to Healthcare.gov previously please bring your username and password
- You will need to access your personal email so please bring your username and password. If you do not have an email account we will set one up for you
If you’re low-income and uninsured you’ve come to the right place. Over 115,000 Alaskans – nearly one in five of us – do not have health insurance. There’s another reason not to feel alone: ANCHORAGE PROJECT ACCESS. We do our best to help you with your medical and dental needs, we can also assist you with Medicaid and ACA insurance enrollment as well as other resources you may qualify for.
When you or your family need help our door is always open. Our offices are located in the Laurel Park Medical Office Building at:
Phone: (907) 743-6600
Fax: (907) 646-0542
Eligibility requirements are simple and straightforward. High quality health care is provided by over 623 caring volunteer physicians and providers including hospitals, imaging centers, therapists, ancillary and other support services.
This web site is designed to provide the information – and the help – you need to find quality health care you or a loved one need but cannot afford.
At Anchorage Project Access we are here for one simple reason: Because every life matters.
A preview of Anchorage Project Access at work: