Provider Referral Guidelines
If you currently have a patient in your practice who you would like to refer for enrollment in Anchorage Project Access, please discuss these eligibility and enrollment criteria with them.
Patient Eligibility Criteria
An eligible patient must:
● Be a current municipality of Anchorage resident (there is 10% out of area exception)
● Have no type of health insurance. This includes catastrophic insurance no matter how limited the plan, Medicaid, Medicare, or any other state/federal assisted medical benefits, Denali Kid Care, Veteran’s benefits, military benefits (Tricare), Native/Indian Health Services, employer-based insurance, or any insurance from the Affordable Care Act Marketplace.
● Have a gross household income of 300% or less of the Federal Poverty Level.
Patients are screened prior to enrollment in APA to determine eligibility for other programs such as
Medicaid, Medicare, Veteran’s Administration benefits, insurance on Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Marketplace Exchange or other programs offered in the community. Patients who are eligible for any of
these programs are not eligible for APA; however, allowances are made for emergent cases. This helps
the medical community utilize already established community safety nets, thereby using donated care
more economically. APA does assist patients in applying for Medicaid, Medicare, and the ACA
Patient Enrollment Criteria
● Have a primary care provider. If the patient does not have a primary care home, APA will connect them to one.
● Have a current medical need
● Complete an enrollment application
● Provide proof of income
● Provide proof of residency
If you have a patient you feel may be eligible for APA, please complete the Patient Referral Form and fax it to our office at (907) 646-0542. Please include chart notes and any diagnostic tests. Once a referral is received, our office will contact the patient directly to complete an enrollment application and verify eligibility. If the patient does not qualify for our program, we will contact you to discuss the situation further.